We are among the leading manufacturers of Inorganic Zinc Silicate Primer. Our offered range of products are widely demanded by our esteemed clients at various market leading and affordable prices.
Easy to apply
|Scope||This is a self cured zinc coating & provides outstanding resistance to corrosion in coastal areas and inland conditions. Due to presence of metallic zinc it provides excellent cathodic protection. This also has high heat resistance properties. It has excellent resistance to weathering, UV exposure, water, neutral salts, refined petroleum products, alcohols and solvents etc.|
|Type||Two pack. Moisture Cured|
|Composition||Metallic Zinc dust & Ethyl Silicate|
|Temperature Resistance||400° C dry heat|
|Area Of Application||A single coat and when top coated, provides wide range of area|
1. For structures, vessels, pipelines, Towers, heaters on seashore areas
and other corrosive areas like mild acidic and alkaline conditions.
2. For all rigs and platforms.
3. For interior and exterior of tanks storing petroleum products. DM water or fresh water.
4. For interior of penstocks, on sluice gates, marine gates, marine hulls, hot water condensate tanks, etc.
5. For chimney & hot stacks upto 400° C.
6. Also used as pre – fabrication primer at shop.
|Application||By brush or Airless spray|
|Mixing Ratio||Zinc Dust : Ethyl Silicate – 70 : 30 by weight|
|Theoretical Coverage||6 M2/ Ltr at 50 microns DFT|
|Dry Film Thickness||65 – 75 microns per coat|
|% Volume Solid||60 ± 3 %|
|Drying Time||Surface Dry – 6 Minutes|
Touch Dry – 30 Minutes
|Recoatability Time||24 Hours (minimum) & 30 hours (maximum)|
|Flash Point||Not below 35°|
|Storage Life||1 year or 12 Months in original sealed container|
|Surface Preparation||Sand blasting to Sa 2½ (min) grade of Swedish standard SIS –|
05 – 5900 - 1967.
|Method Of Mixing||Add the liquid medium slowly to Zinc dust under continuous stirring till a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Filter the mixture through a wire mesh of 30 to 60 mesh size before spray if necessary.|
|Overcoating||1. When this primer is overcoated, a mist coat of epilac enamels by cross hatch spray is necessary to avoid bubbling. Subsequently it can be overcoated with Epilac enamels. Epilac Coal Tar, Polyurethane finishes or other|
2. Overcoating interval can be extended to 4-5 years also, but care should be taken to remove zinc salts with high pressure water jet. This exercise however is essential even with overcoating interval is more than 1 – 2 months, especially under saline conditions.
3. For necessary touch up, Epilac Zinc Rich primer should be used.
4. Drying time and recoatability time may be extended suitably if relative humidity falls below 60 %.t.